Monday 13 May 2013

Songbird! Now with Pretty colours!



As I've said before, I love the Thunderbolts team, so much so that we had to do a Thunderbolts REDUX week to make up for the last one. Thunderbolts was actually one of the few comics I collected religiously from issue 1, and it's definitely the comic I collected the longest. From the Busiek/Bagley era, to the Ellis/Deodato run all the way up to my personal favourite run by Jeff Parker, Kev Walker & Ireland's own Declan Shalvey. I've grown up with these characters so this week was a big deal for me. Songbird was the obvious choice because she's one of the original members back when the T'Bolts were villains posing as heroes. But she quickly got the hero bug and went legit and it's a crime that she has yet to make it to Avengers status. Soon though Melissa will get bumped up to the big leagues and Songbird fans like myself everywhere will rejoice.

And in all seriousness if you haven't checked out Jeff Parker's run on T'Bolts yet then get on that shit because that's the run that brought me back into the world of comics.

I also want to thank Jordie Bellaire and Neil Delaney for giving me some much needed tips on colouring. I normally suck at that sort of stuff but I'm really happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment